CMAST Satellite Office
Dr. Patrick Curley
The Science House at CMAST
303 College Circle
Morehead City, NC 28557
Located in the Center for Marine Sciences and Technology (CMAST) in Morehead City. The Science House at CMAST serves teachers in on the coast of eastern North Carolina. The Science House at CMAST service area includes Carteret, Craven, Jones, Onslow and Pamlico counties.
Teachers are invited to participate in a wide variety of trainings and excursions offered right here in Carteret County. Teachers wishing to travel to The Science House’s Coastal Office are eligible to stay in the new Coastal Quarters while they attend trainings. Trainings are intended to target participants’ subject areas and enhance classroom lessons through hands-on training and collaboration. Trainings are offered throughout the year, so check back often for new workshops being added!
The Science House at CMAST offers a range of youth programs for middle school and high school students throughout the school year as well as during the summer. These programs focus on marine technology and marine sciences. If you’re student is interested in getting involved in these programs, feel free to join us!
- GLOBE Training/Certification
- Makey-Makey Workshop (Technlogy CEU Credit)
- Using Vernier to bring STEM to your connected classroom (Technology CEU Credit)
- Reading in Science (Reading CEU Credit)
- Customized Local Workshops (Contact Dr. Pat Curley)
- Project- and Place-based Education
- Citizen Science
- Technology Loan Program
- Grant Development Assistance
- MATE ROV Competition
- NC Youth Ocean Conservation Summit
- Coastal Inquirers for Middle School Students
- Sea Wolf Program for students age 13-18
- Coastal Teen Science Cafe’
- Marine Science and Technology Summer Camps